Our history begins a long time ago. Founded in 1947 by Kyriakos A. Voulgarakis. Its principal activity was the manufacturing of handmade glass tableware products. Automation of production started in 1974; however, part of it remained traditional (hand-blown glass). From 1985 until 1986, the hand-blown glass production ceased gradually and shifted to full production automation.
In 1993, we acquired Cronos Glassworks SA in Greece, which manufactured glass tableware (glasses, vases, jugs, ashtrays etc).
In 2004, New Glass S.A., that was part of the previous KITKA industrial territory was acquired by the group. Based in Novi Pazar Bulgaria, New Glass is exclusively catering to the needs of the tableware market.
In 2005, we acquired Biomedsklo, a Ukrainian company based in Zhitomir. Biomedsklo produces glass containers (bottles and jars) and also pharmaceutical glass (vials, ampoules etc).
In 2006, all tableware production of the Group transferred to New Glass, Bulgaria.
January 1st, 2015
From January 1st, 2015 all tableware sales to the Greek and Romanian market are through our commercial companies – Uniglass Hellas SA and Uniglass Glassworks SA.
In 2017, our Group was renamed to HGI – Hellenic Glass Industries and operates responsibly by combining know-how, experience, talented human resources, with respect for people and the environment. It offers a wide range of products and demonstrates unique flexibility in order to address the specifications of its customers.
In 2020, Uniglass Ukraine started operations to further reinforce tableware commercial activity in the region.
To achieve our vision, we seek to:
- Maintain and fortify our position is our markets of operation, based on our extensive knowledge of each regional market and the excellent group synergies.
- Dynamically evolve through ambitious investments and expansion of our international pursuits.
- Offer value-added services to our customers thus, remaining always a reliable partner that provides integral solutions.
- Constantly emphasize quality of both products and services, and strive for unremitting technological improvement.
- Support and care of our human element, the most important input-factr towards the accomplishment of our goals.